Message from the Principal
Whitehead School Vision
Our vision is for every student attending Whitehead Elementary School to have the requisite skills needed to be successful in middle school and high school; and ultimately college, career, and life.
- Work together to create a respectful environment that fosters a love of learning, creates productive and caring students, and empowers students to become lifelong learners
- Hold high expectations for self and students.
- Encourage students to work to their potential.
- Celebrate student successes.
- Provide a safe, caring, and respectful learning environment that promotes high academic achievement and personal growth.
- Engage parents and community members as essential partners in implementing and extending district and school-based initiatives, activities, and decisions.
- Implement exemplary instructional practices that promote and focus on increasing the students’ academic achievement.
- Participate in ongoing professional development activities to ensure knowledge and use of research-based programs, practices, and strategies.
- Engage in reflective thinking to ensure mastery of grade-level standards.
- Deliver a standards-based instructional program that meets the needs of the students.
- Assist and support students in the effective use of technology in order to extend their understanding and mastery of grade level standards.